Monday, September 26, 2005

I-45 Traffic Returns to Normal


Kudos to the NYTimes for putting this picture on the front page! Notice how the lane lines have a black outline. I believe this is a trend, and that such outlines indicate a fairly-recent painting. The first time I noticed that sort of outline was in Virginia -- a state whose road policy seemed effective and, certainly, whose painting regimen was up to code. But I've also seen it show up on the just-reconstructed stretch of I-95 in the Bronx. I wonder whether there's a machine (rather like white-out tape) that leaves a black trail following (or preceeding) each white mark. Might it just be some much-larger version of the snail-like white out tape dispenser?

1 Comments:

Blogger Matty said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home