Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Artemis or Artifice?


As I sit here waiting for the plows to come shovel us out of the Blizzard of '07, I've been reviewing some of the local traffic information available on the web. So sketchy it is! This view of I-71 near Kenwood Road (Exit 11) is not so helpful.

Though much lauded by Steve, Traffic.com also did not bear fruit in the Cincinnati metroplex. Perhaps we're a non-measured city? However, I still love the "Jam Factor" metric.

It's actually the local TV station that really does it best, but the news is still not great:

For I-71, between Exit 7, the Norwood Lateral, SR 562 and the Ohio River.
This route is 8 miles in length.

DIRECTION AVERAGE SPEED ESTIMATED TRAVEL TIME
Southbound 6 mph 68 minutes
Current conditions: Expect slower than normal traffic, due to weather conditions.
Construction notes: None


DIRECTION AVERAGE SPEED ESTIMATED TRAVEL TIME
Northbound 6 mph 68 minutes
Current conditions: Expect slower than normal traffic, due to weather conditions.
Construction notes: None

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenthefun1 said...

I had no idea about traffic.com - I love the Jam Factor, too - it is very 90's radio-sounding...for a left coast version, have you ever visited www.sigalert.com? It tracks the speed at every exit on all major freeways, plus so much more...I think you would love!

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home