Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Thank You, Kindly!

I guess there are police in southern Ohio. :( To use P&G-speak, I had a "joinup" with a highway patrol officer late this afternoon on I-71 North, with a large piece of furniture in my car from Pier 1, while hunting for the Sonic Burger. Bad things happen when you search for Sonics -- typically because they're located in hard-to-reach places. This one was no exception. But I found it...and was disappointed. Even now, I can feel the reverse osmosis taking place in my stomach as the intensely salty wittels absorb ALL of the liquid in my body. Chicken soup for the digestive system, I suppose.

But back to the speeding ticket. The officer, heartily impressed with the car (and its cargo space) was more interested in knowing where I bought it and what year it was than in prosecuting the ticket. Yet withal, I suppose he had to meet his quota... and ultimately did give me a ticket. A good object lesson for me, no doubt, as I'm sure I would have pursued wreckless speeds on that corridor had I gone on assuming that it was lightly-patroled. The process was altogether much more civil and jolly than ticket-issuing on the East Coast. He seemed to be having a great time and was genuinely concerned about wasting my time and accusing me of going altogether TOO fast. If only I had wated to re-register my car, then they could only fine me and not otherwise penalize me with points and other perturbations, I think?

1 Comments:

Blogger Chanda @ Disordered Cosmos said...

I bet speeding tickets are like some kind of welcome card :)

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home