Friday, January 07, 2005

Pillowy Road Surfaces

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,15655,00.html?tnews/

So Aaron Carter's SUV exploded after running over a mattress that fell off the back of a truck in front of him. He's fine, though (that face!) -- go figure!

All this infernal mattress-top driving makes me think of the time when my mechanic explicitly forbade me from driving on grass (or any other non-asphalt surface) after he was foreced to remove the heat pan beneath my car's catalytic converter. Strange, I thought, that another heat shield (like that which Sir Gallahad must have used to protect himself from the dragon's fiery breath) could not have been found, but I think this was another cost-saving measure -- to protect my mother from herself -- as she demanded that her 1981 BMW 528e be kept in near-optimal condition in the mid-'90s. Old cars die hard!

Music: Basia -- "Cruisin' for a Bruisin"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home